Mookie Betts won the AL MVP, finishing with a .346 BA, 1.078 OPS, 185 wRC+ and accumulated a 10.4 WAR during the 2018 campaign.
- Betts collected 32 home runs and 30 stolen bases, both career highs
- He was drafted out of high school in 2011 (172nd overall)
- He never cracked the top 50 in prospect rankings prior to being called up to the MLB
- With the 171st pick the White Sox drafted something named Scott Snodgress right before the Red Sox picked up their MVP…shoot.
Christian Yelich won the NL MVP, turning in a .326 BA, 1.000 OPS, 166 wRC+ and a 10.0 WAR.
- Yelich accumulated 36 dingers, 110 RBIs and 22 steals, all career highs in his first year with the Brewers
- He was drafted out of high school in the 1st round (23rd overall) by the Marlins in 2010, and was a top 100 prospect every year from 2011-2013
- The Sox drafted Chris Sale 13th overall that year